The Geek Spot
Wednesday, November 16, 2005
  Day 15 of NaNoWriMo
Day 15 officially ended last night at midnight, but I was too tired, and my battery too dead to update here.

Here's the ticker....

Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
27,343 / 50,000
(54.7%)


See that? I am more than halfway there. Yeah baby!

I didn't quite hit my goal of 2500 words yesterday, I had wanted to reach a word count of 27,700 so I am a few hundred short, but I had reached a point in my story where I really need to start a new sub-plot and my everyday life was beginning, so I just stopped there. That leaves me with a goal of 2857 words for today. There is a write-in tonight, so I am sure I will be able to make it.

I have some pretty lofty goals all through the rest of the week, at least 2000 words per day. I felt this was necessary with the holiday next week, and I have family coming to visit. I have some light days set up for next week, about 1000 words/day.

How is the actual story progressing? Well, it is real crap. I still have a good plot (at least I think so), but my time lines are really skewed. I also need to add in more background as I proceed, and my main character needs a lot more pre-development. I actually want this to be a good story, I don't think I will ever submit it for publication, but this story is near and dear to my heart. I would hate to leave it as a large pile of you-know-what.

Anyway, keep up the writing!
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
This is my totally geeky blog. I will be giving updates on all my sci-fi related gossip, the latest and coolest podcasts I have discovered, where my writing is at, and a whole lot more.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Columbia, Maryland, United States

You will learn...